Part Time Position: 24-30 Hours/week
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
The position will serve as the Office Manager for the Greater Belleville Chamber Commerce. Office Manager is responsible for the organization and co-ordination of office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency. This individual will be committed to excellence in customer service and teamwork.
- Outstanding computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suites products including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Working knowledge of Quick Books is a bonus.
- Ability to take and transcribe meeting minutes.
- Ability to compose correspondence and memos, utilizing good grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks under time constraints and with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and use sound judgment. Willingness to ask questions of Executive Director about problems that arise.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work well with the public.
- Organizational skills, manage a great deal of information in a concise and organized fashion.
- Ability to work in a team environment and take on task that may not be your own
- Provides reception services and oversees general area. Keeps front foyer information organized and up to date.
- Responsible for general office duties, including, but not limited to: answering telephones, directing calls, taking messages, typing correspondence, faxing, and maintaining files.
- Assist the Executive Director. Maintain confidentiality on all subjects unless otherwise instructed.
- Assist with execution of Chamber events.
- Obtain request for purchases of office supplies, furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies budgetary restrictions and Executive Director approval.
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, phones, etc.
- Assist Chamber committees with events and fundraising efforts.
- Process and maintain vendor databases for Chili Cook-off, Back to School Fun Fair and other Chamber events
- Maintains the calendar of meetings and events for the Chamber.
- Sends all committee meeting notices for
- Education Committee
- Government Affairs Committee
- PR/Marketing Committee
- Belle-Scott Committee when planned by the Chamber and Belle-Scott Civilian Chairman
- Leadership Belleville Committee
- Scott Field Heritage Airpark Board of Directors
- Takes minutes and prepares final copy of minutes and agendas for:
- Board of Directors
- Leadership Belleville Committee
- Prepares and sends all dropped member letters.
- Processes daily mail, either distributing to the appropriate person or answering as appropriate.
- Handles inquiries regarding relocation packages and other Chamber related services and forwards any necessary information requested (some materials may require a fee.)
- Supervises the maintenance of office areas, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Keeps record of and tracks reservations for all Chamber and Belle-Scott events.
- Maintain meeting and donation records for Heritage Air Park; schedule and communicate meeting information to members. Process all correspondence for board.
- Other duties as assigned.