The Ambassador Club of the Greater Belleville Chamber of Commerce honors Jack Weck with March 2018 Commitment to Community Award
The Ambassador Club of the Greater Belleville Chamber of Commerce is very pleased to honor Jack Weck with the March 2018 Commitment to Community Award.
Jack Weck has been a lifelong resident of Belleville and is a dedicated member of several organizations in our community. Jack completed 50 years of employment at the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate in Belleville with his last position as Donor Events Advisor. Jack retired in May of 2010 and has continued to help the Oblates in his retirement years. Jack Weck received the DeMazenod Award in February 1998 which is given to lay people who show exemplary service to the ministry of the Missionary Oblate Fathers.
In 2013, St. Elizabeth’s Hospital received a grant from the Missionary Oblates Sharing Fund. The purpose of the grant was to support the hospitals monthly interactive and educational programs, as well as to provide lunch for at-risk members of the community. As a board member of St. Elizabeth’s, Jack researched and wrote the grant request. Jack received a Certificate of Honor from St. Elizabeth’s Hospital for his hard work and perseverance to obtain the grant funding.
Jack currently serves on the Foundation Leadership Council for St. Elizabeth’s Hospital. This team reviews monetary contributions and where best those funds can serve the community, such as a 3D Mammography Machine for Imaging, Treadmills for Rehab, Temperature Management System for the Critical Care Unit, Disinfection Robots for Environmental Services, and 3D Echocardiography for Heart and Vascular to name a few. He also volunteers there as a Catholic Eucharistic Minister serving patients and their families with prayer and
Other volunteer positions Jack currently holds:
- Eucharistic Minister and Men’s Choir at Cathedral of St. Peter for 30+ years
- Althoff Father & Friends Bingo weekly volunteer for 40+ years raising over $2.5 million dollars for scholarships
- Founding member of the Notre Dame Academy Bingo and weekly volunteer
- Long time member of the Serra Club, promoting vocations and service to the Catholic ministerial priesthood
Jack is also a long-time volunteer serving the community through Belleville Tourism and acting as an ambassador for the Greater Belleville Chamber of Commerce. He volunteers at monthly events, attends ribbon cutting ceremonies and volunteers for several events throughout the year such as Chili Cook-off, Ale Fest, Art on the Square and the Otto Golf Classic. He also assists with the large distribution of Belleville’s yearly event and holiday brochures to the business community.
Jack has also held the following volunteer positions over the past several years:
- Past President of the Cathedral Grade School Board of Education for six years
- Past Vice President of Althoff Catholic High School Board of Education for six years
- Past Vice President of Belleville Diocese Board of Education for six years.
- Trustee for Cathedral of St. Peter’s Parish
- Secretary for Bishop Wilton Gregory’s Messenger Advisory Council for the Diocese of Belleville for three years
Jack has been married to Sandy for 54 years and they have six children.